Why Nike and Kaepernick Makes Sense with Kenneth Bator
One of the amazing things about the world being more accessible is the people we get to meet and the conversations we get to have. I met Ken Bator at the New Media Summit in Austin and loved his unique perspective, which meant I needed him to be on my show! We got to talk about so many great things:
- The pro’s and cons of niche marketing for a business and for society
- How far do we take compartmentalization?
- Why is it so popular to vilify the police?
- How do we humanize the police and why does it matter?
- Should people who take a stand (Kaepernick) also have a responsibility to be part of the solution?
Ken Bator is the founder and CEO of the Police Officers' Credit Union Association, a consortium of organizations that serve law enforcement. He is also a brand expert and owner of Bator Training & Consulting as well as the author of the book The Formula for Business Success = B+C+S
A couple of great books to read are David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell especially the parts about teachers and police.
and the 7Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey to read about talking sticks.
My Challenge to you this week...
Don’t just kneel in protest, because that is not enough. Stand up, speak up and offer solutions. If you don’t have solutions then stay quiet until you do otherwise you are just part of the problem.
You can listen to the full episode here: