How Kindness Can Kill Depression with Ed Squire
I love happy coincidences… July 1 is Canada Day, it’s the launch of Ed’s Visible Kindness podcast and he is my guest on this show! So many great things packed into one great day! We talked about the sexual abuse he experienced as a child and how he healed and is now bringing Visible Kindness to the world through his podcast. What a beautiful outcome from a painful experience.
- Are you feeling the fear and doing it anyway?
- Do you own when you are in the wrong?
- Can you honour someone else’s experience?
- Does your past own you or do you own your present? It can’t be both
- Have you consciously thought about who you are?
- What are the three stages of kindness?
- What is the difference between nice and kind?
- Do you want to be judged by the worst thing you do?
And for a beautiful Ed-ism “ The kindness you extend to others is a reflection of the compassion you give to yourself”
For over 20 years, Ed Squire was a strategic business consultant for Fortune 500 and global companies throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe.
In 2018, he started a nonprofit called 'Me Too, What Now' that raises awareness about childhood sexual abuse and mental health.
The organization moves beyond 'Me Too' by looking forward and asking 'What Now?' This focus enables survivors to heal and break free of fear, shame, and stigma.
Ed is a survivor of childhood sexual abuse himself.
if you don’t question something what is the point of believing in it?