I love getting challenged to think about new things and I also love talking to someone who speaks my language and Barbara Ali is certainly one of those kindred spirits. I get so inspired by those doing their part to bring the world closer together. Among other things we talked about:
- Is it important to venture out of your comfort zone? Why? Why not?
- How do we dehumanize those we don’t want to see? In war? The homeless?
- Can we entertain another’s view without adopting it as our own?
- We are, as they say in Cambodia, “same, same but different”
- It’s normal for us to want to “fix” someone so they are more like us, but is it right?
Barbara Ali is an author, world traveler, adventurer, mom and looking for new experiences every day.
My challenge to you is – where can you lead with love in your life? Can you bring just a little bit of awareness to situations where you may be leading with judgement or fear and lead with love instead? How does it make you feel? How does it impact the situation?
You can listen to the full episode here: